PeopleSoft Test Framework
PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF) is a testing automation tool included in your PeopleSoft License from PeopleTools 8.51 and onward. This testing tool functions around run-controls/queries/grids and scrolls built for PeopleSoft. No other tool can do what PTF can. PTF includes Fluid Specific testing with responsive screen simulations, and will test fluid pages/tiles/then switch to classic to handle the jump between components and navigation methods. PTF is integrated with App Designer, and is capable of running compare reports strategic to quick and easy PUM implementations. It is also integrated with Data Mover so you can quickly stage data and control purge process. PTF is capable of executing commands, feeding data from excel, loading data live from the system, and hooks into Process Scheduler, Message Catalogs, Data Mover, PS Query.
Why use PTF?
- Reduce regression time and number of resources required to support effort significantly
- Increase your scope of testing – with manual testing a resource could simulate a dozen or so positive and a few negative tests. With PTF a user can simulate thousands of tests for each component allowing greater coverage
- Critical testing across all environments for every testing phase
- Increase efficiency and accuracy of application testing
- Manage test assets easily – App Designer objects that easy to archive to xml or place in project and move from environment to environment
- Change Impact with Test Maintenance Reports and Test Coverage Reports
- Stage Testing data – via Excel, via queries, or Elire built Random generators
- Leverage for many testing objectives – including Upgrades, PUM Application Updates, Tax Updates, custom bolt-on business process and many more
- PTF can also be leveraged from Conversion efforts and Security testing, including Payroll Parallel Compare Testing
- PTF does not care if a page is vanilla or fully custom, as long as its built in app designer it will be able to record those pages and automate the testing process