Improving your use of PeopleSoft, the end-user experience, and the relationship between the functional users and IT users is imperative to getting the most out of your software investment. How you can ensure your business processes are optimized so that upper management understands the value of PeopleSoft? A new methodology of maintaining PeopleSoft has been introduced by Oracle known as Continuous Delivery Methodology (CDM). If you’ve already upgraded to PeopleSoft 9.2, having a formalized PUM review & update strategy will provide continuous enhancements to your user community. Here, we offer a series of CDM best practice tips to ensure you are getting the most out of your software.
- Institute a formal CDM strategy with focus on improving existing business processes that leverages new and under-utilized delivered application functionality in an organized and timely fashion
- The CDM strategy should clearly define Roles & Responsibilities for evaluating new PUM images and formalizing recommendations to a CDM steering or leadership committee
- The CDM Strategy should focus on opportunities to minimize existing application customizations or evaluate alternatives to reduce CDM impact
- The CDM strategy should include a plan to increase automated testing coverage through evolution of the PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF) tool
- Incorporate Change Management impacts and strategies throughout all aspects of the CDM lifecycle. Understanding the amount of change an organization can absorb is critical to CDM success
Further questions or interested in learning more about our PeopleSoft consulting services? Visit the PeopleSoft practice area page of our website for further information.