What a whirlwind month it has been! Team Elire has been jet-setting across the US for a variety of regional conferences focused on Treasury and Oracle PeopleSoft Applications. All presentations are available in PDF form by request by emailing [email protected].
Stop #1: Minnesota AFP
Elire Treasury Subject Matter Expert, Logan Wacker, and Partner, Karen Willis, presented on Treasury topics – Cash Forecasting and In-House Banking, close to Elire HQ in the Twin Cities! Team Elire also exhibited, allowing us to connect with local clients and share best practices with other local industry leaders.
Stop #2: INNOVATE 2017
Elire Treasury Subject Matter Expert, Logan Wacker, presented “Pain In Your Bank Recon? PUM 18 has your Automated Solution,” in Iselin, NJ. This presentation highlighted the enhanced support for the automatic bank reconciliation process with new pages, components, applicaiton engine programs, message catalog entries, and People Code that have been added in the Image 18 release of PeopleSoft. The new configuration rules included allow users to reconcile multiple transaction lines to multiple bank statement lines and reconcile transaction(s) to bank statement line(s) using the new parsed addenda information. Elire Business Development Manager, Geoff Engelhart, also attended for the day filled with educational and networking sessions.
Stop #3: New England AFP
Elire Partner and Treasury Expert, Mike Graham, presented two sessions, “The Treasury Technology Landscape is Changing – Are You Ready?” and “The Value of In-House Banking for Treasury.
The Value of In-House Banking for Treasury demonstrated what In-House Banking can do for companies, and how the function is taking a larger role in treasury. The session also highlighted how to take advantage of an In-House Banking program to gain efficiency and effectiveness within your organization. Mike provided insight on the overall value of in house banking, showcased industry best practices, and offered guidance on IHB technologies.
The Treasury Technology Landscape is Changing – Are You Ready? provided a Treasury Management Solution overview to help companies thoughtfully move forward to the next step, overcome obstacles, efficiently manage treasury operations leveraging technology, and adhere to the latest emerging trends. The session also demonstrated how to effectively address the key components of people, process, and technology related to Treasury. As an added bonus, Mike also provided insight on the overall marketplace, new TMS features, industry best practices, offered guidance on implementations & upgrades, shared success stories and answered questions from the group.
Stop #4: Rocky Mountain AFP
Elire Treasury Expert and CTP, Jason McCabe, presented with Ashley Bolton and Carola DeRose of Prologis on their implementation of In-House Banking. The session was directed towards international organizations with complex tax, legal, statutory requirements, and operations thinking of implementing an In-House bank or who were interested in learning more. The team walked through how this project helped to streamline processes, reduce costs, increase efficiencies, and gained more visibility to cash flows.
Stop #5: Northwest RUG
Elire team members presented on two groundbreaking industry topics – AP Automation with Canon Imaging Solutions and PeopleSoft 9.2 Lease Administration at the PeopleSoft Northwest RUG in Redmond, WA. Sessions and abstracts are below.
- Enhance your Financial Ops & Meet the New IASB/FASB Requirements with PeopleSoft 9.2 Lease Administration
- Formerly known as Real Estate Management, PeopleSoft’s 9.2 Lease Administration module is a re-vamped, fully-integrated leasing solution. It can help firms comply with the new IASB/FASB lease accounting guidelines, providing automation of Billing and AP for leasing, and can straight line accounting needs. Elire Expert, John Wallace, provided an overview of the Lease Administration Module and discussed the benefits, system changes, implementation tips and tricks, and an overall understanding of how this module can change an organization’s financial system dynamic.
- Reinventing AP Automation with Open Imaging Integration in PeopleSoft
- Elire Strategic Advisory Services Expert, Patrick Gahagan, presented a recent case study around the integration of Canon’s Accounts Payable Automation Solution to PeopleSoft 9.2, leveraging the new Open Imaging Integration (OII). Upon implementation, the Canon solution will increase productivity, speed, visibility, and control delivered to our current client. This client previously manually imaged & keyed over 60,000 invoices per year, and through this implementation will be able to transform their fragmented, manual, paper-intensive process.
- Elire’s experts provided a brief overview of the solution, and took a deep dive into the Strategic Advisory Services methodology used to define requirements for the end-to-end invoice management process, including invoice intake, coding, workflow approval, reporting and dashboards.