The team enjoyed a fun-filled week at the Higher Education Users Group (HEUG) Alliance 2017 – an annual user-driven conference of Higher Education and Public Sector Oracle Application users from all over the world. On average, the conference includes 100+ vendors, 400+ educational sessions, and over 3,500 attendees!
Team Elire set up for a great week at Booth #626 just in time for an eventful welcome reception – complete with impersonators and showgirls!
Elire Founding Partner, Alvaro Sanson, co-presented, “Using Treasury 9.2 – Cash Management and Deal Management at a University,” with Emory University. This deep dive session aimed to answer how implementing Financial Gateway, Cash Positioning and Cash Forecasting, and Deal Management can improve efficiencies at a University. The functionality implemented in Emory University’s 9.2 Upgrade and the focus of this presentation included the below:
- Financial Gateway for ACH and wires from AP, EX, CM, DM. Also will discuss strategy and issues with Foreign wires (FX) and Grants.
- Cash Positioning, based off current day and prior day BAI files.
- Bank Fee Analysis, using 822 file.
- Bank Reconciliation, using prior day BAI files
- Bank statement accounting, including a customization for BSP_NO_GL and BSP_BLOCKEXTRNL. BSP_NO_GL allows you to create an external transaction and reconcile without an accounting entry. BSP_BLOCKEXTRNL allows you to process other bank statement accounting match values but “stopping” a specific one for further analysis.
- EFT Requests.
- Treasury Accounting with customization to prevent same user to approve their own accounting entry.
- Debt Portfolio including fixed and variable bonds, commercial paper and SWAPS.
- Integration with Oracle OBIEE tool for EBI management reporting on all deals and bank fee analysis.
Participants who stopped by the Elire Booth were entered to win an Amazon Echo, and connect with us on Social Media with #AlwaysSunnyAtElire for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We always love taking the time to show appreciation to our respected clients and industry contacts after hours, and this year we decided to do so at Top Golf Las Vegas! The team and our clients enjoyed happy hour and hitting a few balls atop the beautiful MGM Grand for the evening!
It was a beautiful week in Las Vegas, and the team already can’t wait for next year. If you missed us at Alliance 17, check out our Events Page for where to find us next. If you would like a copy of our presentation, email [email protected].