May 9th, 2017
PeopleSoft is here to stay! Oracle recently extended the lifetime support of PeopleSoft Applications Premier Support through at least December 2027. As mentioned, this is not the end of life date for PeopleSoft. Oracle does not intend to de-support or end investment in PeopleSoft. [Check out the Oracle Lifetime Support Policy for Oracle Applications here.]
So what does this mean for your PeopleSoft Applications?
Unsure of whether to upgrade to 9.2 or move to the Cloud?
Elire is here to help.
Unsure if your organization should stick with PeopleSoft? Our Strategic Roadmap will help you weigh the decision to upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2 against the idea of moving to a different platform.
Comfortable that your organization is committed to PeopleSoft but unsure of the timeline, cost, and business case to upgrade? Our 9.2 Readiness Assessment will help you move forward with confidence.
If your organization decides to upgrade, the ability to do so efficiently and prepare for Oracle’s new Continuous Delivery Model is essential. We asked Elire PeopleSoft Upgrade Services Practice Lead, Jeff Hilliard, what is so ground breaking about 9.2, and how do our clients ensure success in the upgrade process?
Tips for Success
- Consider a “Readiness Assessment” effort to prepare your organization. Thoughtfully determine the desired future state under a Continuous Delivery Model, build internal support for the upgrade project, and move forward with confidence knowing the scope of work ahead. Jumpstart your Fit Gap by shifting Analysis ahead of your larger PeopleSoft 9.2 Upgrade effort!
- Incorporate a proven “Upgrade specific” Methodology that emphasizes strong Project Management utilizing tools that provide real-time visibility to the progress of “In-Scope” key project deliverables, and improves team effectiveness and efficiency throughout all project phases.
- Engage key functional and technical project resources early to build excitement and momentum regarding your PeopleSoft upgrade journey. Initial Stakeholder involvement with setting project goals helps to convey the importance and leadership commitment to the upgrade effort.
- Take advantage of the opportunity for business process review, evaluating existing functionality that is not being fully utilized as well as new release functionality for eliminating customizations that are no longer necessary.
- Perfecting the Test Move process, which involves the tuning of upgrade scripts and successful execution of a detailed cutover plan, is critical to the success of the upgrade go-live cutover. Well orchestrated successful testing cycles and proper Change Management activities will ultimately reveal an organizations readiness for the final Move-To-Production.
For more information or to speak with our Upgrade team, contant [email protected].
Connect with us a PeopleSoft RECONNECT17: https://www.questdirect.org/conference/reconnect
Read Full Story